Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My Love-Hate Feelings Re: My Own Writing

I'm back to posting after about 3 weeks off.

Part of what drives my love/hate relationship with this blog is the public nature of blogging. There are a billion articles out there, if you Google for them, regarding the social changes effected by the internet. People like me get to rant and rave in our underwear from our home computers and the whole world (not that the whole world cares - but it's out there) gets to read our lunacy.

I guess if I always said polite, nice, appropriate things then I wouldn't get paranoid about my blog. But I don't, and I do. And the funny part is, I'll think "oh gee, I shouldn't say anything controversial because it could get back to me" and I hide from the blog for a couple weeks. And then I come back. And the blog didn't go anywhere - it was right here all along, and people could & might have been reading it anyway.

I don't know what the solution is: do I try to censor myself more, such that I don't say things I think could bite me in the ass? Or do I just suppress that little voice that says "watch yo'self!"? Attempt to find a middle ground?

1 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous missmonkey said...

I feel the same way about a mere comment I left a veeery long time ago about one of your posts. You referred to it in a subsequent post and I was mortified that you had read it. I don't know what I was expecting, but I did feel exposed. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is COME BACK! You're smart and funny and I bet you're good-looking, too. Don't make us beg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home